At the feet of the majestic Langeberg Mountains, a mere two hour drive from Cape Town, lies the picturesque country village - Montagu.
In Montagu you will find a beautifully restored Victorian home dating back to the late 1800's, where guests can enjoy a romantic candle-light dinner in, or on warm summer evenings, dinner is served under the stars - in a lush garden with terraces, wooden deck and water feature.
The restaurant, is filled with antique furniture, old books and work of selected artists from Montagu and nearby towns.
From owner and Chef Heinrich-Werner's kitchen you can expect wonderful food, created with artistic flair and an absolute attention to detail. At Jessica's we use fresh and local ingredients,we are often spoiled by Rob, a local here in town with bags full of fresh produce from his garden.
One of Heinrich-Werner's favorites on his menu must be the Prawn and Chorizos salad with almonds and garlic foam
For mains you will be tempted by Chargrilled lamb loin and braised leg of lamb, Crispy duck and many more mouth-watering dishes.
Desserts has much to offer like the Chocolate Trio which consists of Chocolate Brownie with white chocolate ice cream and chocolate mousse, but my favorite of course will be the Petit Dessert, a trio of desserts comprising of petit Creme Brulee, home-made Peanut butter Parfait and sorbet.
The wine list are a collection of wonderful wines from the R62, we have done alot of tasting and some of these cellars has been visited more than once... to find the perfect Merlot, Pinotage and Shiraz. Our love for the nectar of the gods, are clearly shown in this wine menu.
Be assured of a memorable evening, where we give personal service and attention at all times.
Jessica's Restaurant... where a passion for culinary excellence and carefully selected wines meet...
What we offer you at Jessica's:
* Dinner served daily from 18:30 - Closed on Sundays.
* R62 Private Cellar Tours - see link on home page - NOT TO BE MISSED when in Montagu
* Art @ Jessica's - Featuring work by popular Cape artist Roelof Rossouw, Emile Manefeldt, Jana du Toit, Jan Raats, Ivy-Irene and selected artists.
Recent Articles and accolades for Jessica's Restaurant
* Eat Out Magazine - One of the Best Fine Dining Restaurants in SA 2013
* Trip Advisor - Certificate of Excellence for 2012
* Wine Magazine - August 2010
* Baedeker 2010 - Beste Sudafrikanische karte
* Eat Out - Interview with Chef Heinrich-Werner
* Country Living - June 2010
* Trip Advisor - Best and highly recommended in Montagu - 2009 to recent
* Getaway Magazine - August 2009
* Eat Out Website - Featured Chef October 2009
* The Lonely Planet
* Rough Guides
* British Airways In-flight Magazine
* SAL and Mango In-flight Magazine
* Time Out Guide
Peak Season: October | November | January | February | March
Low Season April - July |September | December
Closed - August
Deposit payable for groups larger than 15 pax
Our cancellation policy:
0 - 7 days prior forfeit 50% of the deposit
8 - 14 days forfeit 25%
BOOKINGS : 082 364 0240 or 023 614 1805
Kindly note Jessica'ss menu changes monthly, the menu on the website is only a sample